Location: Home Page > Article Article
What is HDMI interface for? Detailed Knowledge of HDMI Interface
In modern computers, Gaoqiong's HDMI interface has gradually become main video interface, and analog interfaces such as VGA and DVI have gradually disappeared. So what about HDMI interface? What is HDMI interface for? How many specifications does HDMI interface have? What are features of the HDMI interface?
What is an HDMI interface?
The English full name HDMI [High Definition Multimedia Interface] is a digital video/audio interface technology. This is a special digital interface suitable for image transmission. It can simultaneously transmit audio and video signals. analog or analog-to-digital conversion before signal transmission.
In layman's terms, HDMI is a high-definition video interface that is quite commonly used in regular laptops, LCD TVs, video cards, and motherboards. HDMI is a digital video/audio interface technology. It is a special digital interface suitable for image transmission. It can simultaneously transmit audio and video signals. The maximum transmission rate is 5Gbps, and it can support 1080P, 720P Full HD video output format. The most popular high-definition interface at present is incomparable to ordinary VGA display interface, just like broadband telephone line and optical fiber in broadband, data transmission capacity is very different.
Using HDMI interface:
HDMI basically meets requirements of high-definition video above 1080P. For example, if motherboard or graphics card is equipped with an HDMI interface, it means that computer equipped with motherboard or graphics card supports 1080P video output. You can connect a 1080P capable monitor or LCD TV to your computer to play 1080P Full HD video.
Ordinary LCD TVs are usually equipped with an HDMI high definition interface, which can be used to connect a desktop computer or laptop that supports 1080P HD video through an HDMI data cable to get a big screen image. Super clear 1080P video.
HDMI cables can be divided into three types according to different interfaces:
Standard HDMI interface, also known as HDMI A-type interface, this interface is 14mm wide and is commonly used in HDTVs, desktop computers, projectors and other equipment;
Mini HDMI interface, also known as HDMI C-type interface, width of this interface is 10.5mm, commonly used in MP4, tablet PC, cameras and other equipment;
The HDMI micro interface, also known as HDMI D-type interface, is 6mm wide and is commonly used in smartphones, tablets and other devices.
HDMI interface type differs from version:
•HDMI version 1.0 Frequency 165 MHz Bandwidth 4.95 Gbps The original standard has recently been largely discontinued;
• HDMI version 1.1, 165 MHz frequency, 4.95 Gbps bandwidth, added support for DVD-Audio, etc.;
• HDMI version 1.2, 165 MHz frequency, 4.95 Gbps bandwidth, added support for SACD audio, etc.;
• HDMI version 1.2a, 165MHz frequency, 4.95Gbps bandwidth, adds requirements such as compatibility certification;
• HDMI version 1.3, 340 MHz frequency, 10.2 Gbps bandwidth, improves communication bandwidth and adds TrueHD and DTS-HD audio;
• HDMI version 1.4, 340 MHz frequency, 10.2 Gbps bandwidth, adds a data channel to support two-way Fast Ethernet communication.
The HDMI interface has following features:
1. The latest HDMI 1.4 standard can support 4Kx2K transmission with Ethernet channel, audio return channel, 3D function, etc.
2. Support for 4K resolution output, which improves basis for supporting modern 4KK TVs and monitors.
3. Support 3D function, which can meet signal transmission requirements of 3D TV display.
4. It can also support over 30-bit color gamut, and can display most realistic and vivid colors according to various standards.