Location: Home Page > Article Article
What should I do if computer change key does not work? Solving problem with an insensitive Shift key on keyboard
What should I do if Shift key on my computer keyboard doesn't work? Recently, when using keyboard, some users found that shift button is not sensitive and often fails, so how to solve this problem? Next, causes and solutions for Shift key malfunction will be presented.Working method:
1. Click "Start" - "Control Panel" - "Ease of Access Center" - click keyboard icon below - "Install Filter Keys" button, check if "Enable Filter Keys" is checked, if yes, please uncheck it, finally click "OK" to go out and try.
2. If you have an external USB keyboard, you can check if you can use SHIFT key on USB keyboard normally after plugging it in. You can also press F8 key to enter Safe Mode to see if they can be used normally.
3. Check if Shift button is set. For example, you can check if Sticky Keys is enabled, press Shift key 5 times in a row, this operation may cancel Sticky Keys function (the Sticky Keys function may make keyboard unusable).
4. Disinfect system to avoid poisoning it. It is recommended that after backing up data, try to restore BIOS to default value, method is as follows:
Consumer laptop: keep pressing F10 to enter BIOS at startup, select Exit option, select loadsetupdefaults - yes, and then select Exit - exit saving changes - yes, you can save changes and exit.
Commercial Notebook: After startup, press F10 continuously to enter BIOS, select RetoreDefaults in file, click Yes, and then select Save Changes and Exit to save changes and exit.
5. If problem persists, but you can use SHIFT key on USB keyboard and you confirm that there are no problems with system, then this situation may be caused by a malfunction of two SHIFT keys on USB keyboard. Laptop keyboard In order not to delay using, it is recommended to contact local laptop service center for processing.How to extend life of your laptop keyboard:
1. Don't freak out with keyboard
2. Keep your keyboard clean
3. Use a special soft rubber pad
Users can also purchase a special padded laptop keyboard pad that protects laptop from water, dust and wear. Affordable price and extended laptop keyboard life.