Location: Home Page > Article Article
How many specifications and sizes does HDMI interface have? Knowledge of high definition HDMI interface
At present, VGA analog interface and DVI digital interface are being phased out in computers, and high-definition HDMI has become current mainstream video interface. So, how many specifications and sizes does HDMI interface have? What is hdmi interface? What's use? If you have a lot of questions, let's share our knowledge about high definition HDMI interface.
Which HDMI interface? What's use?
HDMI is English abbreviation for (High Definition Multimedia Interface), which stands for High Definition Multimedia Interface. This is a digital video/audio interface technology that can simultaneously transmit images and audio signals. version), HDMI high -definition video interface is very common at present. At present, mainstream graphics cards, motherboards, laptops, LCD TVs, etc. have an HDMI interface, which is incomparable with ordinary VGA display interface. It is similar to wideband telephone line and optical fiber into broadband. There is a big difference in ability.
HDMI mainly meets needs of high definition video above 1080P. For example, if motherboard or graphics card is equipped with an HDMI interface, it means that computer equipped with motherboard or graphics card supports video output above 1080P.
HDMI interface type differs from version:
•HDMI version 1.0 Frequency 165 MHz Bandwidth 4.95 Gbps The original standard has recently been largely discontinued;
• HDMI version 1.1, 165 MHz frequency, 4.95 Gbps bandwidth, added support for DVD-Audio, etc.;
• HDMI version 1.2, 165 MHz frequency, 4.95 Gbps bandwidth, added support for SACD audio, etc.;
• HDMI version 1.2a, 165MHz frequency, 4.95Gbps bandwidth, adds requirements such as compatibility certification;
• HDMI version 1.3, 340 MHz frequency, 10.2 Gbps bandwidth, improves communication bandwidth and adds TrueHD and DTS-HD audio;
• HDMI version 1.4, 340 MHz frequency, 10.2 Gbps bandwidth, adds a data channel to support two-way Fast Ethernet communication.
How many specifications does HDMI interface have?
HDMI cables can be divided into three types according to different interfaces:
Standard HDMI interface, also known as HDMI A-type interface, this interface is 14mm wide and is commonly used in HDTVs, desktop computers, projectors and other equipment;
Mini HDMI interface, also known as HDMI C-type interface, width of this interface is 10.5mm, and it is commonly used in MP4, tablet PC, cameras and other equipment;
The HDMI micro interface, also known as HDMI D-type interface, is 6mm wide and is commonly used in smartphones, tablets and other devices.
An HDMI interface has following four characteristics:
1. The latest HDMI 1.4 standard can support 4Kx2K transmission with Ethernet channel, audio return channel, 3D function, etc.
2. Support for 4K resolution output, which improves basis for supporting modern 4KK TVs and monitors.
3. Support 3D function, which can meet signal transmission requirements of 3D TV display.
4. It can also support over 30-bit color gamut, and can display most realistic and vivid colors according to various standards.
The above is a knowledge sharing about high definition HDMI interfaces. It is believed that HDMI will become main high-definition video interface in future, while VGA and DVI interfaces will be phased out. Hope this article helps. every.