Location: Home Page > Article Article
How do I migrate system after replacing it with a new hard drive? Super detailed graphic tutorial! It is recommended to collect!
Please click on word "subscribe" above before reading, and we will provide you with more valuable computer knowledge in future. Thanks for your support!
Recently, netizens asked me how to transfer system after replacing hard drive? We can use DiskGenius software to easily move system from one hard drive to another, or more commonly, move system from a hard drive to an SSD, USB flash drive, etc.
Next, I will show you detailed steps of graphical guide for replacing hard drive and transferring system.
Replacing hard drive and transferring system Step 1: Create a bootable USB drive
1. After downloading Xiaobing U disk launcher software, open it. We choose to start U disk and prepare to create a bootable U disk. As shown below:
2. Exit anti-virus and security software to prevent false alarms, and then choose to run U disk, make sure there is no important data in U disk, and click "Make U Disk" button to do so. As shown below:
3. Select system you want to put on USB drive, click "Create Boot Drive + System" or you can create just a bootable USB drive to start booting PE. As shown below:
4. Click "Create Bootable USB Disk + System" and boot PE. After downloading PE, it will be automatically written to USB disk. Now we just need to be patient and wait for creation to complete, as shown in following image:
5. After system boot is completed, downloaded system will be automatically copied to USB disk, which will become USB disk system installation disk, which is more convenient and simple than directly booting system and putting it into USB disk. During this process, do not plug or unplug mobile hard drive at will until a success message appears:
Replace learning system transfer hard drive, step 2: type u disk pe and use diskgenius to transfer application system to new hard drive
1. After pushing successfully, we can use startup key prompt to see how to quickly install boot from U disk as PE as below:
2. After selecting U disk to start, if it is a legacy boot, control menu will appear (if it is a UEFI boot, it will directly enter win10 pe), we can directly enter Xiaobing pe by selecting win10 pe, as shown in data in figure below;< /p>
3. Then run PE Desktop Partitioning Tool, select "Tools - System Migration" option as shown below:
4. Select target disk for migration system and click OK. The target drive can be smaller than source drive, but capacity of target drive must be greater than total amount of data in use on source drive, as shown in figure below:
5. For UEFI-enabled computers, you can also specify system directly to see if information system startup items should be changed after migration is complete. Click "Start" button to prepare for data transfer, as shown in picture below:
6. The program displays following warning that all data on target disk will be overwritten. After making sure that there are no problems, click "OK" button. As shown below:
7. The DiskGenius software will allow users to choose how to migrate system, as shown in image below:
Hot migration means moving migration system to a second hard drive without shutting down computer. During migration process, user can still perform various operations on computer without affecting user's use of computer. Reboot into WinPE, DiskGenius will restart your computer, automatically log into WINPE, automatically start DiskGenius under WinPE, and automatically migrate system. In most cases, it is more convenient and safer to use heat transfer method that is recommended for system migration.
8. Click "Hot Migration" button and DiskGenius will start hot migration operation as shown in image below:
A progress bar will be displayed in system migration window. A progress bar will show approximate progress of migration. Below progress bar, you will see amount of data that was copied and not copied, as well as elapsed time and estimated completion of management system Remaining time required for migration.
9. After system migration, DiskGenius software will prompt you to complete system migration as shown in picture below:
After migration, system is migrated to a second hard drive (or SSD, USB flash drive, etc.). ), if it is a UEFI-capable computer configured before system transfer, it will boot from target drive. After restarting computer, it will automatically start migrated new system. Otherwise, you need to manually enter BIOS settings and set boot hard drive as new hard drive. You can then use this hard drive to start your computer and log in.
When you log in, you will find that software you installed on Windows system and data from original system partition have been transferred to new system partition on destination hard drive. It can be used as before without changing anything, no need to reinstall system, no need to reinstall software, no need to copy data, it's very convenient.
The above is a guide to replacing hard drive and migrating system. You can download and try.
Such a useful post deserves more people to know about it. Please share it with your friends!
Follow me, learn useful computer digital knowledge here every day, and it will be easy for you to play with computer!
If you have problems with your computer, you can come to me and I will guarantee that your computer will be clean and tidy!