Location: Home Page > Article Article
Parameters you should know when purchasing 【Microphone】!
When buying a microphone, you need to know following parameters:
1. Microphone type. Common types of microphones include condenser microphones, dynamic microphones, and directional microphones.
2. Frequency response range. Frequency response range defines highest and lowest tones that a microphone can pick up, usually measured in Hz.
3. Sensitivity. Sensitivity indicates amount of sound a microphone can pick up, usually in decibels (dB).
4. Noise reduction. The noise reduction function can reduce effect of background noise on recording, and some high-quality products also support automatic noise reduction and other technologies.
5. Directionality. The directivity of a microphone determines range and angle of sound received. Common directions include unidirectional, bidirectional, and omnidirectional.
6. Interface Type: The interface for connecting microphone to a computer or other equipment usually includes 3.5mm audio interface, USB interface, XLR interface, etc.
7. Additional features. Some high-quality microphones also support smart features such as a mute button, volume control, and real-time monitoring.
The above are some of basic parameters you need to know when buying a microphone. Choosing right microphone for your needs and budget can improve the quality and efficiency of your audio recording and voice calls.