Location: Home Page > Article Article
How to install a printer? Attached installation method
Many people may have used printer, but those who are not computer savvy may not know how to install it. Installing printer is not easy. During installation process, you may have many questions. So, today I will tell you how to install a printer and walk you through printer installation steps in detail.
How to install a printer
In order to understand how to set up a printer, you need to understand both types of printers.
Local printer installation method
1. Before installation, prepare all necessary tools. For example, a printer, a computer, a printing line and a sheet of paper.
2. After preparing all tools, insert supplied CD into CD-ROM drive. If computer where printer is to be installed does not have a CD-ROM drive, you can also directly copy file to a USB flash drive and then place it on computer.
3. If you choose to start from CD, system will usually automatically launch bootable installation interface. If you are copying file, you need to find launcher.exe file and then double-click it to launch it.
4. After starting, system will prompt you to install a printer or restore a local program. If this is a new printer, settings must be added first. If it's just a recovery program, just click "Restore". .
5. Next, system will prompt you to connect printer and connect it to computer.
6. Connect printer to computer and turn on switch, then system will install driver locally.
7. When installation is complete, a message indicating that installation is complete will appear.
8. Go to "My Printer and Fax", right-click on printer you just installed and select "Properties", click "Print Test Page". If you can print it, then your printer has been successfully installed.
How to install a network printer
1. In fact, setting up a network printer is much easier than a local printer because there is no need for a driver disk and no need to connect to a printer as long as your machine can be connected to a shared printer.
2. Directly click "Start", "Run", then enter IP address of shared print server and click "OK"; a sharing pop-up will appear, and then double-click shared printer; You will be prompted to connect a printer. at this time, click OK to complete installation of the network printer.
The above is an introduction to how to set up printer and steps to set up printer. I hope to help you install printer more easily.