Location: Home Page > Article Article
How to install a CD-ROM on a computer? How to install an optical drive on a desktop computer
How do I install a CD-ROM on my computer? Although now many computers are not equipped with optical drives, this does not mean that optical drives are useless. Recently, a user asked how to install an optical drive for a desktop computer. Let me introduce a method for installing an optical drive for a desktop computer. computer.Installation method:
1. First remove baffle at top of host computer. There are usually two screws here to fix it, just unscrew it and then pull out baffle. We can remove bezel from side of motherboard with fewer connectors.
2. When you purchase an optical drive, a SATA serial cable will be shipped.
3. Looking at back of optical drive, you can see that current optical drive usually has two interfaces, one is data line interface of optical drive, and other is power line interface of optical drive. Reverse design, if data line is in wrong direction, it cannot be pasted.
4. On computer motherboard, you can see motherboard's SATA interface here, one of which must be connected to serial hard disk, and other must be connected to computer's CD. You can also connect data cable of optical drive and hard drive. Typically, STAT1 is connected to hard drive, and SATA2 is connected to optical drive.
5. First connect and insert one end of data cable into computer's SATA interface.
6. Plug other end of data cable into data cable connector on optical drive.
7. On power supply that came with your computer, you can find a flat power cable interface that connects to an optical drive or hard drive. We just need to connect this power cord to optical drive.
8. Now you only need to remove plastic baffle at top of front of computer case and then insert optical drive into computer from outside.
9. Fix optical drive and host with screws, and then connect optical drive power cable and data cable correctly according to above introduction, and installation of optical drive will be completed.