Location: Home Page > Article Article
How to get started with a computer? These 6 basic operating knowledge will help you get started quickly and easily.
1. The first step is to learn how to turn computer on and off. Generally speaking, when starting up, you must first turn on peripherals, that is, other equipment of devices other than main unit, and then turn on main unit. Turn off main unit first, and then turn off peripherals; first turn on power switch of display, and then turn on power switch of main body, there is an inscription [POWER] or most conspicuous big button on body.
2. In event of hardware problems or failures, you must manually restart your computer. There are three ways. The easiest way is to press [RESET] button attached to power button on case to restart computer, or you can press and hold [power button] to restart computer. You can also press and hold [Ctrl], [Alt] and [Del] keys on your keyboard at same time and select [Reboot Computer] in interface that appears.
3. To shut down, simply click button at bottom left corner of system interface, find [Shut Down] button in pop-up menu, and click it. But it should be noted that you must first exit all running programs before shutting down.
4. The mouse and keyboard method can usually be used directly by connecting them to a computer. General mouse operations - single and double click, open a file - double click, select an option - single click, press and hold - drag, press and hold left button without releasing it, move mouse to a new target position and release left button.
5. Generally, you need to open network setting option in [Settings] or [Control Panel] to access Internet. You only need to follow instructions above and enter your wired or wireless network username or Wi-Fi name and password. , and click [Next] to end to complete setting. An Internet icon will appear in status bar in lower right corner.
6. After opening browser, you can enter web page address in top address bar and press [Enter] key on your keyboard to enter and open web page. Additional operations can also be obtained using a web search.