Location: Home Page > Article Article
A must-read for beginners: super-practical computer care tips
With rise of Internet technology, computers have become standard equipment for most high-performing students. But whether it is a desktop computer or a laptop, many students and friends who are not very good at relevant knowledge find it a little mysterious, and they often get lost when faced with little problems in everyday use. In addition, some misuse methods caused by ignorance have also caused damage to computer itself. Today, Grasshopper brings you some practical computer maintenance tips for everyday practical use.
Part 1: Don't Shut Down Your Computer Directly to Force Shutdown
Under normal circumstances, do not force shutdown computer, but shut down computer according to normal program steps, because hardware will continuously read and write data while computer is running if computer suddenly shuts down. forced, hard drive will be damaged, may cause loss of some important data, choose to force shutdown computer only when system crashes or system is not responding.
Part 2: Don't use your battery for gaming
The power of laptop will not last long, and more importantly, high power output of CPU and graphics card during game will seriously damage lithium battery of laptop. Each powerful discharge will cause serious damage to battery itself, on one hand, real power will be greatly reduced, and on other hand, it will also cause a rapid decrease in battery life. There are fewer and fewer laptops with removable batteries these days, and cost and complexity of replacing batteries has skyrocketed. For sake of your car and wallet, try not to try to die.
Part 3: Try connecting and disconnecting a memory module if computer won't turn on
The interface that most often causes problems on regular laptops and desktops is memory module interface. When a problem occurs, this causes machine to not turn on, commonly referred to as "light off". up". So in general, when we encounter a situation that computer does not turn on, we should first check if there is a problem with memory card.
Memory card for laptop
If it is confirmed that problem is with flash drive, do not rush to buy a new one, you can first find a piece of eraser that can be seen everywhere in school. Wipe golden part of interface (gold finger) with an eraser to remove accumulated oxide layer, and then insert it back, I really hope that flash drive will come to life. If that doesn't work, open up your phone and buy it.
Also, how much memory is enough? Many low-end laptops these days come with 4GB of memory, which is hardly enough for actual use. It is recommended to add memory of same brand, same type and same frequency to form a dual channel, which can increase capacity to a certain extent, and capacity will reach 8 GB, which is enough for everyday use. .
Part 4. Ways to improve heat dissipation
Most laptops use air-cooled heat dissipation systems, and some desktops use water-cooled heat dissipation systems, so you don't have to worry about heat dissipation. The big problem with air cooling is that dust buildup impairs efficiency of heat dissipation, so if you feel like your laptop, which has been used for about a year, is not good at dissipating heat, you might want to try removing dust. Because disassembly process is more difficult, if practical skills are not good, it is recommended to spend some money to find a professional to avoid internal damage due to negligence.
In addition, silicon grease responsible for thermal conduction between CPU, graphics card and heatsink also denatures after a certain period of time, resulting in a significant reduction in heat dissipation. Whether it's a desktop or laptop, it's a good idea to check and replace silicone grease every two years or so. After replacement, you will find that temperature of machine will drop significantly.
Part 5. Beware of static electricity in autumn and winter
It will be very dry in north in autumn and winter, and people wear a lot of chemical fiber clothing, so it is easy to get electricity. Usually, we often encounter a clicking sound when touching something, accompanied by electrical sparks. As a rule, such a phenomenon does not have any harm to human body, but is completely different for a computer.
If a human body touches a computer with static electricity, it is easy to cause a high-voltage discharge. A voltage of tens of thousands of volts is very dangerous for a computer circuit, and it is easy to cause it. burn out. On other hand, if computer is charged with static electricity, most motherboards will have static protection measures that will automatically turn off circuit. At this time, computer cannot be turned on at all, and there is no response to pressing power button. The solution is to unplug power supply and leave it for a few hours, after which it usually returns to normal. To avoid this kind of problem, it's best to touch a grounded metal object, such as a hanger, every time before touching your laptop or desktop computer to dissipate static electricity. In addition, when designing and arranging circuit, do not forget about ground wire.
Part 6: Keep power on while computer is running
Do not unplug board or plug when computer is running, it will damage computer board, because if we unplug plug or board while computer is running, it will generate static electricity, which will cause signal voltage mismatch and thus cause damage computer.